About Me

My photo
2nd year illustration student of Sheridan College who eats, breathes sleeps in art and video games.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Decandent


A Little for Myself

Homemade strawberry shortcake. I made a cake for 2 friend's for their birthday and graduation. I had some leftover batter and strawberry coulis. The whip cream is also from scratch. Simply add sugar and vanilla. However, don't add too much sugar, add a tad and a little more vanilla extract than usual. So its heavily vanilla- scented cream with a touch of sweetness.
The strawberry coulis was tart than usual but it goes so well with the sweet vanilla sponge cake.[though the spongecake was the boxed dry mix, i cheated. :p] I didn't want to make it too sugary like the one in the store. This recipe was heavily inspired and copied from my brother-in-law. He made the best strawberry cake ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment